Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Humble Beginnings, Humble Existence

"To those that much is given, much will be required."  The Scriptures ring true to every single one of us and I remember my youth, my early adulthood and how difficult times were.  I literally started my companies with nothing but a dream and a vision.  To say that I had humble beginnings are the understatement of the century but as things improved and I chased the American Dream, I have not forgotten my beginnings.  It keeps me humble and reminds me that with my success in business and my career, I take nothing for granted and I know that the Creator expects a lot from me.

One of the reasons I have decided to run for Congress as an Independent conservative, independent of special interest money, is because I know that during these difficult times, there are countless people who are struggling financially but want to be engaged in the process.  Some candidates for public office give lip service to the people who may only be able to contribute $50 or $100 to their campaigns, but not me.  Those are the people I want on my team because that is who I am as a person.  I believe that every voter in the 5th District should have a voice and a leader in Washington they know they can contact and not have to get to the back of the line behind the GOP and Democratic power brokers.

Coming from nothing teaches you that every person, every moment has value.  The government is supposed to be by and for the people, not ignore the real working people.  With each passing day, more and more people become engaged in the process, they feel real anger and angst about where our government is headed and as they watch the numerous campaign commercials on television, they see that they are being spoon-fed rhetoric that has been sanitized for their protection and all of the candidates are starting to look the same.

They are certainly all saying the same things, aren't they?

It's true, I'm debt-free and I want my children to be debt-free as well.  Wouldn't it make sense that as a goal, our government should be debt free?  And I don't just mean financially.  Some candidates for Congress have amassed a huge debt in running their campaigns for Congress because they consider it an investment in the best job they have ever had.  For me, I look at it as a call of duty.  A call of duty to remind all of the candidates that they are no better than the people they want to serve and it means that the constituents should not be judged because of their income or what kind of car they drive. 

Much has been given this great nation and right now, much is being required.  It's time to put aside all this ridiculous rhetoric and look closely at the candidates and see whether or not they have a legitimate record of leadership.  Most, unfortunately, do not.  They have forgotten their roots, and are now begging for a job.  They NEED this job.  I don't.  I want this opportunity to serve, to move our nation back to where it came from - back to a time when government was held accountable.  Now is the time for the Dave White Revolution.  Be a part.

Dave