Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Issues: Health Care

I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage, but I strongly oppose the health care plan passed by Congress. This healthcare plan marches us toward even bigger government. It narrows, rather than expands, individual choice in the marketplace.

Health care reform should be about increasing choice and reducing costs, not increasing government control over our health care decisions. I support strengthening the existing private market system with policies that will drive down costs and make it easier for people to purchase affordable insurance.

I oppose efforts by the federal government to come between doctors and their patients. I support health savings accounts, tort reform, and allowing consumers to buy health insurance across state lines. We have the greatest health care system in the world and we must prevent Washington bureaucrats from destroying it.