Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Campaign Contributions and More.

I received an email from a supporter who has been very concerned about campaign finance reform and the problems with contributors "owning" candidates for public office.  He supports my campaign because I receive no PAC money, no special interest money, and have limited my contributions to $100 per person per household.  I take contributions only from people who live or work in the 5th Congressional District. 

Campaigning can be very tough.  I've only been doing it for a few short months now while my opponents have been doing it for at least two years and for one, perhaps even four years.  It's not something I relish, other than the fact that I have met some incredible people along the way and increasingly I find that people are tired of the status quo - even candidates who say they aren't part of the status quo.

I invite you to take a look at this website my friend sent me and look at the different tabs, such as contributions, etc. and you'll be shocked, I am sure.

When you contrast these with my contributions, my record and my ability to accomplish what I say I will accomplish - owing no favors - I am confident that you'll join the Dave White Revolution.

Dave